Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Eddie Izzard to take up role in United States of Tara

I recently watched (in two short nights) the second season of United States of Tara. I love this show, and although some points are questionable script-wise, I think this show is really one of the best in the last decade, and this decade was the renaissance of Television.

Why do I love United States of Tara so much? Because it's deep, in a shallow way (and no way the other way around), because the dialogue is real, because it reminds me of my own family, because it makes me laugh and by the way brings out all the devils from my own closet.

And I love it for the different tone it has, slightly different but still it makes the whole difference. Take for example the news about Eddie Izzard to play Tara's psychologist. The British comedian appeared in many movies (Ocean's 12, Ocean's 13) and even TV (The Riches) before - but still this is a quite unusual cast.

I sure hope that the third season will be as brilliant as the second, and I hope it will be even better. United States of Tara is not perfect, but for its genre it's the light in the tunnel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails