Sunday, January 10, 2010

hot topic: should ScriptShadow stop?

The community is on fire: a script analyst who owns a website called ScriptShadow publishes unproduced scripts online and writes an analysis. Wired Magazine and John August already posted articles against this habit of our secret guy.

I myself only discovered him after reading those articles. I find this website a real treasure, but I also understand the problems it creates. No writer would want an unfinished script of his to be published. And criticized!
But since the ones who are enjoying the site are not often the ones who are getting hurt by it - lets just have fun without thinking of the politics of it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seth Hymes said...

It's a curious situation. On the one hand I wonder how he's getting the scripts in the first place. The good news is that mostly the people who read this kind of blog probably aren't the same people forking over 11 bucks to see it at the theater. As a writer, though, I'd probably be pretty irritated if someone took my script and reviewed it online before it was produced.

Related Posts with Thumbnails