Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dissolving into the first act: 10 first pages


Still on the UCLA Extension course. Actually I take two courses now, and it's a tough job. They both demand a lot, much more than what I do for my classes at tel Aviv University. They don't spoil you in those online courses. I guess they say that as long as they save you the travel, they can give you some extra work. Maybe they have a point.


It's great, now I have to write the first 10 pages of my script. It's great cos whenever I scratch my head for the next scene on my outline, I remember that writing the actual script comes easier to me. It's not very efficient, cos I can end up writing 15 pages of script only to find out that except to one scene they are all trash, but the important part is that it's like brain food, it makes me more comfortable with my characters, let them breath a bit.


it's an assosiative process and it works great for me. It's not the real writing of the script, it's more like trying scenes, let my finger go with the story (i type with 1-2 fingers, but still fast).


For the other course I need to write a coverage on "Dave" and on "Benny and Joon". I haven't started yet, I hope it will be easy, as I don't think I should be spending too much time on it. Teacher told us it shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours all together (after reading the script).


besides all that, the next semester starts next week. I'm already 6-month pregnant, so I hope it won't be too hard for me to stay in school for 8-10 hours. God, it sounds hard. I had to come up with an idea for a film and a tv series. I started working on it. I must say, writing in Hebrew comes much easier for me.


I can't wait for my courses to begin (besides my fear of being too pregnant to enjoy them) - I have 2 courses about Japanese films, 2 courses about film and philosophy, and 6 courses in scriptwriting. I'm real happy, I must learn time mngmnt better though..





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog. then i come back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails