Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This week on other screenwriters' blogs...

"One of the most important talents a screenwriter can have is the ability to see a situation from every character's point of view - to make the decisions your character would make. These skills can be put to use on the business side by putting ourselves in the shoes of the potential buyers for our screenplays. If we can imagine what it's like to be the villain of our script, it shouldn't be all that difficult to imagine ourselves as a motion picture producer".


This brilliant quote is taken from Bill Martell's ScriptSecrets. Bill talks about the problems of the rich; when you get a producer's interest, and he just want you to change some things in the script. Making your character suitable for marketing as a doll, for example. The characters I love most, I wouldn't want to have any doll in their shape. Maybe only Craig from "Being John Malkovich". Yes, he would make a great doll!


John August tells us how to write those hard-to-write scenes. Since i now start to write the first draft of my script, I found his tips really usefull. What do you ask yourself about the scene you're about to write. Helpful screenwriting tips.

The above picture was taken by my good friend Sharon Casson during her short trip to NYC. I soon need to start prepare the material for my MFA applications. I'm slightly nervous about this. The chances are so low, at the NYU-USC-UCLA prestige programs. It feels weird, I was always accepted to anywhere I went. I guess I should focus on my writings than my fears.
I just posted my first 10 pages to the course at UCLA Extension. I'm very curious about the responses. I should also read what others have posted and write comments.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails