Saturday, May 24, 2008

Michael Moore discovers Madonna

The documentry controversial filmmaker Michael Moore thinks the ex-pop queen is a natural born filmmaker. "She's sort of entered my realm," Moore said. "When I saw it, I thought, 'Wow, it's like she's been making these films for years.'"

Madonna's film, I am because we are, takes place in Africa. I still remember watching "Swept away" (directed by Guy for his wife) and thinking the original Italian movie was so good and the remake simply suck. I'm very curious about how good, or bad, this film is.

I Am Because We Are illustrates the poverty that children of the southern African country face, how the AIDS crisis is claiming lives, and the conditions that cause disease and other misery there. But the film urges people to volunteer and tries to offer hope.

"She takes the viewer through a very personal journey and tries to connect us, living here in the U.S., giving us a window into the way it is for other people in the world," Moore said. "You're extremely moved when you watch it. You understand very clearly why she's devoted so much of her life to the people of Malawi."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails