Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another good scriptwriting book


I'm huge. I'm really puffed. I didn't know pregnancy makes you puffed. It's weird. I don't recognize myself in pictures. Somehow in the mirror it looks alright. But the pictures - they don't lie.
Today was the last day at school, I had the japanese cinema class. Was ok, we talked about Ran of Kurasawa. Tomorrow I have the amniotic fluid test, after which I must stay in bed for 48 hours. So I took a couple of books from the library.
One of the books is Alternative Scripwriting (2nd edition) by Ken Dancyger and Jeff Rush. They go over alternative structure (not only the classic structure of the three acts exists, you know), alternative genre (mixed genres) and alternative character view. I only began to read but it seemed like a great book to learn the scritwriting craft from, and to open your mind. Since I have now two weeks vacation, I've decided to do more reading on the first week, and focus on writing on the second week. This book seems to be the exact thing I needed.
The other book I took was Ugly Feelings. It talks about negative feelings, and it's based on this novel...I forgot which. I only read a few pages on my way home in the car, so I can't really say anything about this book. But it seems interesting, though not very light. It's from Harvard Press.
I don't know what's the premise of my script is. I knew, but I think it's not true for me. So I don't know anymore. And dose Theme and Premise the same thing? I'm not sure of anything anymore, but I'll take this week to figure it all out.
I used to think my cat was so big. Now I'm even bigger.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails