Saturday, March 29, 2008

Slow days with a book


So i had to stay in bed for a couple of days after the visit at the doctor. I took the time to read the book I took from the library: Alternative Scriptwriting. It turned out to be a pretty good book, and I especially enjoyed reading the chapters about genre (working with genre / working against genre). The authors discuss changing a motif in an existing genre or mixing genres, and they explain it in such clear way it's a pleasure to read. They also have case studies from films, but I only read it when I knew the film discussed.

I didn't touch my laptop, only after a day and a half I took it to bed. I had a job to do (some graphic stuff) and I felt better when it was done.
Dana Goldberg, a filmmaker and a friend, sent me a link to her new website. I was an assistant on her first short film, which she did while we were both studying art. I must say that although she was not a film student, her production was one of the most professional productions i saw. There's something in film students that make their ambition to be only external, very empty, and not lasting. But maybe this is why I switched to scriptwriting studies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails