Monday, March 3, 2008

The Third Act (not easy at all)

This is the time to get scared. I wanted to write the final act for my feature (a beat sheet for the third act, not the actual scenes yet). Then I've realized I need to work still on act II and the essence of my story. Without this I won't have a third act.

The bad thing is that I'm supposed to send my beat sheet now (actually a few hours ago). I'm behind, but the head has its own time. Damn.

Great scriptwriting today, with Eitan Green. He always gives us fun excersizes and I really wanted to hear his new assignment today, but we ran out of time so only next week. Damn.

I feel like returning to an old love of mine, photography. I have some stills I want to enlarge and perhaps the day after tomorrow I'll go to my old art school to the lab. I love the quiet and the darkness. I love it most when it's only me and one other person there. I hate talking in the dark room.

For a long time now I've been going to dark rooms of a different kind. But I've had enough of that. I want my life back.

I'm going to continue with my third act now, for UCLA. My next courses on the UCLA Extension begin on April 9th, I can't wait.

Eitan Green (the scriptwriting teacher from Tel Aviv University) told us today we must write. Every day, to have a project we work on. He's right, I've been doing it for the last 2 months. Not every day, but almost. I need to do it more. I need to feel like it's my office and I have 3 hours a day I must attend. No matter what. Writing is all a writer must do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails