Thursday, March 20, 2008

reading scriptwriters' blogs is a great way to learn the craft

I really enjoy reading other writers' blogs. First off, I see I'm not the only one who needs eye drops after too many screen hours. Second, sometimes they really have good tips or interesting adventures to share. Go to my link list of the best scriptwriters bloggers I found. Each one of them has its style of blogging. I love them all.

This morning I saw on the Vanity Fair online those great old film posters (or should I call them great old movie posters? was there a difference back then?). Those posters were taken from the Leonard Schrader Collection. Most of them are an example of great design, where graphic didn't go against emotion but totally surrendered to it. Sometimes I think modern graphic designers are a bunch of cowards, who negate any emotion instead of finding new ways of expressing it. Maybe they're just too drugged or depressed or whatever. I love those old sentimental moments.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails