Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This week on the best scriptwriters' blogs

Bill Martell tells us all about the difference between SLANG and JARGON. I find it very important now, as I write a script with a scientist as my protagonist. Martell taks about using original slang in your movies rather than the real-but-boring we all know already. Cool.

John August advices a Tisch graduate about her next steps. I hope myself to take the screenwriting MFA in 2009 so it's interesting to see that this is in fact a beginning of a long road.

A voice mail recording from Bruce Cambell is what Kristen Havens chose to put at the top of her homepage. Kristen: "I had emailed him through the contact form on his website, telling him about my comedic B-movie script, "Deers!", and asking if he had any advice about getting started in screenwriting. He called me at home to respond, ensuring a lifelong crush on my part."

But hey, what can a writer do but write?

1 comment:

Atkins Gal said...

Thanks for the link!

Related Posts with Thumbnails