Sunday, November 4, 2007

Don't expect any help if you're a film student

I don't mean to sound so desperate. I'm a student, everybody knows it's a hard job. Especially film studies, it's many hours, you can never do enough. You always feel stupid, you should have seen many movies you haven't, shoot more excersises, make more shorts. You must know more actors, you must understand yourself better, the films you want to make. You need to read more, you must read more, you can't write all the scripts yourself. You must save money for your next production. Who will pay the gas? the food for the crew?

You must be a good student. Attend classes, write the papers. You must be creative, connect to yourself. You must, you just have to, go to museums and galleries. You must know artists. You have to be able to make your own storyboard, who can make it better than you?

I have one year left. I have a short exercise to make with the painting of Van Eyck, The Marriage of Arnolfini. So many ideas. So little equipment. I want to paint more. I want to study music. I dl some classic music today and I enjoy writing to it. I'm confused. My last year at film school, I've never felt so stupid before.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails