Saturday, November 24, 2007

Learning scriptwriting by watching films

I know it's not the way to learn the craft of scriptwriting. After all, a made film is rarely like its script. And I found out that the best way to learn scriptwriting is from small to big: first make the scene, then the sequence, then the feature. Well it might not work for all the same way, it depands what your weakness is.
but Waitress is showing tonight at the Tel Aviv Cinematheque, and I can't wait to see it. I wanted for a long time, but waited until it came to the cinemateque so I don't have to pay a ticket. I'm a poor student, you know. Also tomorrow I go to see Death at a Funeral, I already bought the ticket. It's hard at the cinemateque to get the tickets on the same day, if it's a new film.
So...Tomorrow night I hope to post again, with short reviews on both films. Until them, I'll read another chapter in Cowgill's book for short film scriptwriting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails