Monday, November 19, 2007

Which grad school to choose?



I know i should be working on my script now. I started to write the second draft and it feels good, some things happen, things get clearer. This situation opens itself to me.


But all I can think of is grad school. I really want to start next year and not to have a gap year between my BA and the MFA. Thing is, I want to do my MFA in the US, and at a good university. So it comes to not which grad school to choose, but which grad school will choose me. It's frustrating, since I never had any problem getting into any program. I'm know how to present myself I guess. Interviews are candies for me.


I read yesterday a post about how to get into UCLA. I didn't save the link, too bad cos it was an interesting discussion. No special tips, but the guy who did get in had 3 LORs from a producer who bought his script, an agent, and I think a famous scriptwriter or something. Now, how can I compete with that, living in Tel Aviv and with no connection to known Hollywood producers etc?


Besides, do I really want to be there, at UCLA? I'm not sure. I really want to get to NYU, I know it should be more in my direction and style. But also NYU enrollment rate is around 3%, which means 97% I don't get it. They opened now the program in Singapore now, but I'm not so sure I want to live there for 2-3 years. Actually, I'm quite sure I don't.


I was considering the UK, Goldsmith college and the London Film School. I guess those two are an option. I mean, London is better than LA. Sanity, you know. But, above is a picture of an UCLA student. Obviously not a bad reason to try and get there, but lets hope the atmosphere in New York will be the same.
And now...my script....
(next time I'll write about casting through facebook...it's a blast...)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails