Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The teacher loved my scene!! I'm on the winning track!!


That was a very good day. First, I had 4 Sufganiot (that Jewish sweet donut for Hanuka). Second, the teacher (Esti Namdar, the best and only true teacher I've had in film studies so far), she loved my scene!! We had to give in a scene that includes defamiliarization, and today she returned us the papers and asked me to read mine out loud.
It was very interesting to hear my scene being read out loud. Though it wasn't the correct cast for the roles, listening to the words being SAID was very...well, impressive. And convincing.
Of course it's not a perfect scene, but it was very good, and interesting. The teacher also complimented me on my dialogue, which surprised me, cos I never thought I wrote dialogue very good. But that also made me think. Say I write a script in English, the dialoge probably will not work as good as it did in this case.
Anyway, it was a very good day. I also have an idea for a feature. I hope no one will get shocked in university, coz they always expect students to make a final film of no more than 20 minutes. But actually, I don't say I want to shoot it, I just want to write it. I can be satisfied with shooting a very good short. A short I will love even more than A Summer Dress.
I also found this awsome scriptwriting software. It's totaly free and seems no less good than the famous Final Draft (which I used to love, but it's not free and slightly heavy). This new software I found is called Celtx and it has some great features, such as different types of projects it supports (audio-visual, radio, storyboard, film etc), user-friendly interface and very very cute look and feel. Did I mention it's free? It also has an online creative bank, with many interesting projects. Films, screenplays etc. Check it out, I find it the best screenwriting software so far. Of course it does not yet support Hebrew, but I hope this too will happen. Bloody RTL.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails