Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day two on cinematography workshop

If yesterday I was tired, today I was exhausted. From doing nothing at all. Again the tiny location was packed with strong men, all wanting to make the next tweeny to look great for the master Michael Chapman. I don't like too many people with no clear vision. I don't like working for no real intention. I had no drive. I sat and watched the monitor. Chapman sure knows how to operate a camera. Our guys are less crafted. It was cold. And I got bored. I went to sit on a different spot, in front of the other monitor. Chapman didn't understand how the light outside was changing. Someone just decided to play with it. He never really worked with students before. He told us to be quiet. He was very accurate in his remarks, he didn't expect much of us, the strong men didn't deliver. I got bored. I went to look for the loation to my own scene.


A huge factory. Chapman said it will be hard to control the lights there, since we don't have the time nor the equipment to handle the space.


I wanted to sleep. Reuven took my place on the dentist chair. He also found a cover and slept deep. Time just passed and passed. Then it was all over.


On the way home in the car, someone said Capman was the cameraman on Fingers. I just watched this brilliant film last week (never saw the French remake, but what for). I love Keitel, and first thing I'm doing tomorrow is asking Chapman about this production. God, I can't believe he did this film. I hope he will still have the energy to chat. This workshop is real exhausting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails