Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Romance & Cigarettes - a tired film student watching tv

I love Kate Winslet a lot. I think she's one of the finest actors who brings every role she takes a full character. Her expressions change so much, you never think of the other characters she played. She is real.

Yesterday I was watching Romance & Cigarettes. I knew it cannot be good, how else haven't I heard of this star-exploded film before? I thought the movie was not coherent, and the songs in it (it's a kind of a musical) weren't good. I wasn't anything at the end - not funny, not dramatic, not beautiful. The only interesting thing was seeing the cast in roles that didn't fit them exactly. How James Gandolfini sang thesong of a man without love, how he cut his dick off for his mistress. Gandolfini, by the way, reminded a lot of Tony Soprano. Sometimes you thought it's just a family on the side the mafia boss has.

I need to write my script but my mind is drifting. I need my own room. I want a room with a sofa, a large desk and a tv. And a view.
Maybe I'll write another short before I go ahead with the feature. Writing the feature is still hard for me. I think I still don't know my characters enough, so every choice I make (location, situation, dialogue) seems coincidental.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails