Saturday, December 8, 2007

Romantic comedies on TV

Yesterday the cinematography workshop was all about the same. Same film students ran towards the camera (we use the Sony DSR-450), same film students complained, same film students just had a laugh out of it all. The camera was quite heavy, and I didn't feel comfortable holding it, since I think I'm pregnant and in the first weeks I need to take extra care.


So Michael was guiding us through some dolly shots in the warehouse. One of the shots came out real nice, with the dolly goes one way and then reverse, the lights made the look and feel of The Godfather and a greenish hue gave it all quite a sad mood.


They went drinking afterwards, but I had people waiting for me at home so I couldn't join them. The workshop goes until Tuesday, but I think I will not return there. I just want to write. I don't enjoy those crowded sets, I don't hear anything overwhelming from Michael.


I'm now enrolled to one of the UCLA Extension Online courses. I can't wait for it to start. In university half of my teachers are still on strike, the 43rd day. They say it might end soon. I wonder what they will do next - make us all continue in the summer semester? Or just cancel those courses? I understand the necessity of strikes sometimes, but those lecturers didn't even try to shout out loud, so it just drags over a long period of time with no solution. Only when the students helped them, you could see some headlines in the papers about it.


I'm a bit confused about this script I'm writing. one of the characters is telepathic. he can read thoughts. I'm not sure how to use this kind of a character in my screenplay. At times I think it might be better to start off with a simpler idea, so this souldn't be the first feature script I write.



I saw Alex and Emma yesterday on the TV. It's a nice TV movie, not more. It's quite predictible, but the characters are cute so you don't mind watching them doing the things you expected them doing. For me the interesting parts were inside the second story, the story Alex was dictating to Emma. To see how imagination works. That enough made it fun to watch. But it's not a film to remember or anything. The bad guys weren't bad enough, the other woman wasn't a strong enough temptation.

I'm going to write my own stuff now.

P.S. somehow I find those great pictures of sleeping people lately. There is something very strong in a picture of a sleeping man. Where he sleeps, how he sleeps.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails