Friday, December 14, 2007

The teacher's fav

Last Wednesday we learned about characters development. We read 2 examples in class. The contact lens in my eye flipped and it took me 20 minutes to put it back where in should be. I didn't leave the class though, I waited 2 weeks for this class (last week it was canceled due to the strike). After class I talked to the teacher, telling her I'm writing a feature so my pitch next week will be for a full length film and not for a short. She seemed impressed, and asked me what do I want to be when I grow up. I said: "scriptwrite- ahm, scriptwriting". She looked at me and told me with a serious face: "Good, because I think you're a scriptwriter". My mind became pink and shiny, my eyes sparkled, but I remained calm. She asked me why didn't I take more scriptwriting courses this semester, I told her I understood myself a bit too late. Actually, I was about to start screenwriting BA at Bournemouth University in England 3 years ago but canceled due to lack of $$$ (plus, there's no work in Bournemouth, I lived there for 6 months, it was dreadful. Nice landscapes though. And many squirrels).

So the teacher told me she will make me one of the 3 students the other teacher takes for the final project. This other teacher he's a very good scriptwriter who teaches at uni. She told me he was the best. I was very happy, thrilled even, I only hope he's not too TV-oriented. Though i trust my teacher to give me the best advice, and coming to think of it, even Charlie Kaufman started of in TV.

Haven't worked yet on the script for this well-known director but I will start now, and will pitch it to the class next week. I also want to pitch my other idea, with the mind reader, but I figure out this will be slightly harder. Also no way I get to pitch both. Unless some of the 8 chosen students are sick or unprepered.

I don't feel like producing anything. Only still pictures and scripts.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails