Monday, December 24, 2007

A short script to produce

Finally i feel like shooting something. After days of feeling sick and lazy, I got up this morning and..felt sick and lazy again. But I ate my porridge in front of the screen and started to write. I had to come out with an easy-to-produce idea for my directing class. the teacher got real mad coz we don't shoot nothing no more. He gave each of us a date to bring something, no matter what, with three characters. I thought this would be a nice exercise for me, to check what I write about when all is open.

So i started to write. I thought of an ear. The easiest gateway to someone's brain. I wrote about the ear. It ended up being a sequence about technopathy, film noir style. I'm not saying it's too easy to produce, but it's not too difficult. I just need to decide how it will all look and feel.

For example, I don't want the scientist to be old and wearing white. He will be young and his lab will look more like an artist's studio than a doctor's room. Maybe he'll wear orange robe, like a prisoner, or a monk.

I'm quite excited about this, coz in the last year there was nothing I felt like making. I think I was trying to write like the movies I enjoyed watching, instead of just writing easy from my own head. It is a confusing thing, to understand that what you enjoy watching is not necessarily what you end up writing or filming.

I will start searching for a location (perhaps my parent's basement) and 3 actors. I'm happy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails