Thursday, July 19, 2007

2 films in one day

Funny how things happen. For the last year I haven't shot a film (only short scenes for practice), and tomorrow I will shoot two films in 12 hours. I'm still a bit confused about this, and as the director I hope soon to get all sorted out. The thing is, one of my films is about me (aka the director) not knowing what's going on. What should I do then? You see, It's not exactly a making-of, It's a real scripted film, with another real scripted film inside it. To do the inside film good, I need to act like a real director. To do the other film good, I need to let all the mess around me take over (until the end, which is sweet).
Later tonight I will meet the cameraman (of the inside film). He does not yet know about the other film I will make, but he's a good friend and also involved emotinally with the film. So I think he should know and this will only help both films come out the best possible. We shoot it with the low-tech university equipment: the good-old Sony PD150. I haven't decided yet if I like this camera or not. As a student I don't get the chance to experiment with moch more, but from the little I have, I've learned I like Panasonic much better. The colors are nicer, I think. Also I've heard it from other students so I guess I can't be that wrong.
Anyway, a new film, and a new blog, and the summer only starts. I got green-light about another script I wrote (yes, I write my own scripts, so far) and I should shoot it in October. Lots of work, especially if you consider the fact that I'm still a student, which means exams, which means lot of studying in between filming. But that's better than an office job, no?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails