Thursday, July 19, 2007

The morning of a shooting day

We start shooting at 2AM. It's considered as tomorrow, when I think about it, but it's really today. Plus we meet crew only for set-up, which will be around midnight. I'm excited, and I start to see more clearly what I want to happen in the film and on the set.
I have tons of things I must do before evening comes (it's friday, so everything closes around 15:00). Gotta buy MiniDV tapes. There are the premium tapes, and I've heard it only makes a difference if you use HD. Is it? It's very hard to find differences between the tapes, so i guess it doesn't matter. At least not for me, at least no now.
What's your favourite food on the set? For me it's fruits & vegs. It's light and refreshing. Once this guy brought a huge pot with cholent. We all wanted to sleep afterwards. A pasta salad is alsoa good option for something that's not too heavy. Is it because I'm a female that i think of the food that will be on the set? I know guys can be really stupid about this, like bringing soft cheese with no knifes, of drinks with no glasses etc.
OK, enough chatting, we got a lot to do. Here's my check list:

Crew&Cast got exact times when they should arrive.
Equipment was checked (camera, lighting, sound).
Accessories for the set (props: fruits; art: pictures that Niki should bring).
Clothing for the actors.
MiniDV tapes!!
Food for us all (we shoot in-doors so it's much easier).
Copies of script to bring (and shooting script).
Second camera for the second film (ask M. about it).

OK, I think that's it. Now it's time to go get those tapes, or the film will stay in my head forever!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails