Saturday, July 28, 2007

Has free cinema ever existed?

I had to show a film I've made to this fund, America-Israel, so maybe they will give mea scholarship for next year. We sat a few of us in this small room, watching the secretary as she put some papers in endless envelopes. Suddenly the guy in front of me smiled and said: 'dont I know you from somewhere?'. At first I thought he's just too geek to go to clubs so he tries this office for pick up girls. But then something in his voice became very familiar. I asked him to take off his glasses and he did. I recognized him immediately - he played in a short scene i directed some months earlier. It was a surprise, since I had no idea he also directed (that was the condition for this scholarship).

He wasn't a bad actor, just had this annoying American accent that made his speech 100% not understandable. But I actually really like that scene with him. I guess he was a good actor after all, even with the dialogue.

Don't know about the scholarship yet, those guys don't tell you nothing 'till the last minute. Or two minutes after. I also don't really care, but it would be very nice to have.

Anyway, I have an exam the day after tomorrow, and I was sick the last couple of days (the heat!). Also the reason for not posting, but now I'm better and also studying. The teacher is great (Nachman Ingber is the name) but I love learning and not just studying for exams, which is what university makes you do (too many classes). It's a class about contemporary cinema, from the cinematheque in Paris to the Fox Searchlight. Really great class, and I've put Antoine Doinel above just to remind you (and myself) where it all started.

It's really frustrating, but at the moment I find no time to make films, although I really feel like it. And then when October comes and I will have the time, I will be all dried out. I know it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails