Sunday, July 29, 2007

A filmmaker on the verge of a nervous break down


Last year I had a teacher, Eitan Green, who used to say that us students have the worst conditions: we ourselves are not experienced and also our team, including actors, aren't. Now I feel he's right, and I wish to have the chance on my next film (this October..maybe) to have at least a cameraman who is more experienced.

I plan to shoot on film and it means rehearsals. I have'nt figured out yet what is the best way to work with actors. I still feel weird to tell them exactly what to do, because I think they should feel what they should do once they carru that character inside them. But then again..

Let's say I have this small hand movement I want the actor to do. Should I really show him? Or should I give up and let him choose his own body movements?

Directing is immoral, but I hope to find the balance one day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails