Sunday, July 22, 2007

My conversations with myself

I watched "The conversation" again today. I think it's one of the best films of Coppola, but I'm sure Bresson would make it much better. I didn't like at all the soundtrack, it was too obvious. Heckman is great, as the hunted man trying to change his destiny. It's a film that stays with you after you switch the dvd off, and i'm quite sure it will stay in my head for a few more days. It's good.

Got 96 on an essay I wrote. Subject was identification, violence and technology in Being John Malkovich. I enjoyed writing this essay, and though I could do it better, I'm happy with the results. I'd like to continue and investigate this subject further. My claim is that the identification in "Being John Malkovich" is shared between the 3 main characters, and that whoever is taking the more violent action, wins the identification of the spectator. I would paste it here, only it's in Hebrew at the moment.

My mood is a bit better now, I'm recovering from the bad production I had. Film making takes you to the bottom and then to the top, and I'm allready quite a jumpy person so it seems sometimes too dangerous. But now I've promised myself to be a good student and focus on the exams and seminar works, and of course on my script which should be produced around October. Only real actors this time, I swear!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails