Monday, September 17, 2007

Don't you just love those mean boyz

i'm very happy today. Yesterday I spent hours in the library choosing the right books for my paper. I've decided to make a comparison between "Head On" and "Mean Streets", instead of "The Godfather". I just find the mood and general theme between "Mean streets" and "Head On" to be quite similiar. "Mean Streets" is my most favorite film ever, and I can watch in million times, in any condition (of the movie or myself), and Fatih Akin's "Head On" I don't really want to watch again. But still, I think this paper should bring some interesting points.

I thought that "Head On" starts where "Mean Streets" ends: the car crash. Also both films use popular music and oriental music (Italian/Turkish). And the use of violent. And the bond between the people that is like a punishment. Both films don't want to deal directly with ethnic problems. Fatih Akin said he just wanted to make a film that people enjoy watching. Scorsese talks about christianity.

i'm very happy cos I'll watch "Mean Streets" today again! And I also need to collect 3 more articles today from the library. One is called 'Juke box and Johnny Boy', from Sight&Sound, and I'm very curios about it.

Besides that, I just hope to write the paper fast so i can start thinking bout my movie. It seems so unrealistic to produce and shoot it in less than a month, but that's really the best I can do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails