Thursday, September 13, 2007

A film student at the end of the vacation

Today I realized that if I want to make my summer film (that's what they call the film you make at the end of your second year at school), I really must finish my German Cinema paper within one week. I must. So now I have this thing on my head, and I put everything else on the side.

As I mentioned before, I want to discuss the uses of music and violence in the films of Fatih Akin. I will only focus on one film, mainly because of the time frame I have, but also because music and violence in films are big subjects and to make it more focused it's better to analyze one film only. So this film will be "Gegen die Wand" (aka "Head on"), though i really want to check his gangster film, forgot the name. My teacher said she has a copy for me, but it's VHS and i'm not sure my VCR works well. I'm afraid it will ruin the tape, so i'm considering ordering it from Amazon.

Well, anyway, I started to go to the swimming pool this week, instead of the beach, and I think i like the swimming pool much more. It's more quiet, clean, and you can really swim more. Any good swimming pool films? I can only think of "swimming pool" of Ozon. But that's too obvious.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails