Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another thought of alienation



I was thinking about Tsai Ming Liang again. I really enjoy his films. I dont try hard, I simply enjoy them. I know they are slow and have few dialogues, but it almost never bores me. It's a journey I enjoy taking, and this is why I go to the cinema.

I read this post on Paul's blog (Melbourne Film Blog: MIFF Day 8) and it made me think maybe most of the people, and I mean most of film-festival people, see it different. And that's a real phase of alienation, that I feel. Right now.

But the good part is, Tsai still makes films, and they are still screened. Yey, we won!

I will go see Ratatouille this afternoon.

2 comments:

Paul Martin said...

Thanks for the link, though I wouldn't call myself a 'film festival person'. I see lots of cinema outside of festivals (4-5 per week). I can see that others would like this film a lot, and there's lots to like about it. But one has to be 'in the zone' to appreciate it. I'm certainly interested to see anything else by Tsai Ming Liang as this was my first.

Kash said...

"The River" is my favourite by him. "Wayward Cloud" is also very good, and slightly different than his other films.

It's a shame that here I can only view his films on festivals, cause I don't like festivals very much. I like the common things, just go to a movie without a fuss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails