Tuesday, August 28, 2007

They play outside, and I think of the Best Poker Films

Almost two years ago they screened at the University "The Coupier". You had to stay late for those screenings, usually of rare and unknown films. "The Coupier" was different, it seemed to be a film that could easily become a blockbuster. Well maybe not "Pulp Fiction", but not too far also.

Now there are 7 men on my terrace playing poker. I lost on the first fun-round so decided to stay out for the next, more expensive, rounds. A filmmaker is a no poker player. Our minds are filled with memories of lives we never lived, of hopes we have no reason for.

The last Bond movie I saw in Berlin, in the Sony CineStar cinema. They took the first 45 minutes (!!!) for advertisements. After that a men asked who wants ice cream. After that we started the journey with Daniel Craig and his woman in red. Was brilliant.

I try to think of other Poker films I know. My head is blocked. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Kash said...

please send me an (english) mail.
osnatviderAAATTTgmailDDDOOOTTTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails