Monday, August 27, 2007

Film studies abd the art of boredom

Just finished writing a short paper about Chantal Akerman's "I'm hungry, I'm cold". I started yesterday and today I'm done, so I'm very happy about it. Usually I'm happy to write, but this work was very boring (to prove the film is a work of art). Besides, the teacher didn't want it to be too deep - he told us himself it was just instead of an exam so we should take it easy. What a turn off.

But this film (in french it's called "J'ai faim, J'ai froid") is brilliant, and the way this film talks about art and life made it after all quite interesting to write about.

Now this film student can move to the next project: an essay about german cinema and fatih Akin. I also must write it quickly if i want to shoot my film in October (though I think I'll postpond it anyway).

I also took the TOEFL today (just for practice, here at my desk). I got 85%, which is not bad for a surprise test (I didn't know i'm going to do it until it started). So actually, sitting on my student chair, this was a pretty cool day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails