Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Film student at 30

Was trying to think of great birthday scenes in films. I remember a sweet scene, from this film I forgot its name. A little boy that wants to be a girl. He had a sweet name, too, this boy. So he changes clothes with one girl. I liked that a lot.

But I think the strongest scene I can remember now is from "Secrets & Lies" of Mike Leigh. He has such a talent for creating characters that are so alive. The little things they do, their fazes - that is cinema, that is the real thrill.

Tomorrow I'm 30....my eye is much better and I removed the pad. What have I done for 30 years? Not enough films, that's for sure. I will never be a young filmmaker...but I really don't care much about it, as long as I will make the films I want to make.

Must call the camerawoman now, hear what she says...yes or no...yes or no???

2 comments:

Edward Copeland said...

One of the cruelest stories I ever heard was when a friend of mine's mother told him when he turned 33: "Jesus died when he was 33. What have you done?" Happy birthday nonetheless.

Kash said...

t h a n k s :)
yesterday my sister mentioned that i may be 30, but i now start the fourth decade of my life..what a pov!

Related Posts with Thumbnails