Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things they don't teach you at film school

I was partying quite intense the last days. just finished a series of exams and papers, so I took a week for pure fun. In between I went to the cinematheque to watch Edward Yang's "Yi Yi" (aka "A One and a Two"). I had this film on DVD for 2 years and never watched it, probably the length scared me a little (almost 3 hours). I'm happy to watch it on the big screen, it's a brilliant film. Great shots, great stories, great actors. I will try to see other films by him. I love Taiwanese films.

It seems like next year will be quite easy at the film school. 3 days a week, 5 courses each semester. I will focus on my final film, cos I dont want to stay in school for another year (many do that, and even stay for 2, 3 years more). No, my plan is to finish fast and register for my MA in Comparative Media Studies (MIT or NYU I think).

I just said No to another party now. Just because they are all in the club already and I dont feel like taking a taxi there. I should at least try to live cheaper, as I'm shooting my no budget film soon. Am I? Even the script is not done yet. I'm so confused. At least I booked a soundman today.

I try to build a small and fast media player on Flash now. ActionScript 3 is so different. Why do I always feel bad saying No to parties?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails