Friday, August 24, 2007

Film revirew: Lars Von Trier's The Boss of it all

I was trying to look for a different picture to put here, one that will reflect the film: a completely "wrong" composition, something that Vadim Yusov (Tarkovski's cinematographer, and whom I met during an excellent workshop he gave at Tel Aviv University's Film department) would never even consider as a take. You know, very extreme Dogma95.

But i guess no one put those "horrible" frames online so there you go, some tits from the film that made me like Lars Von Trier again. Here comes another list, because after watching a movie I'm a bit slow with building readable sentences:

1. It's a good film.
2. They say it's a comedy, and many times I laughed, but it's not the kind of comedy that you test its quality by the number of laughs in the theatre. It's a comedy beyond laughter.
3. The only thing you (and Von Trier) laugh about is people. And humanity.
4. And that's OK.
5. The extreme Dogma95 shooting style is funny and works well.
6. The wrapping of the story with the voice over is excessive.
7. The acting is great.
8. I'm happy that the editing was not jumpy. In "Dogville" I almost left the theatre cos I felt sick.

That's it. Now I will start my weekend. Lots of Fatih Akin and some good food as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know there's a space between Dogma and 95, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails