Saturday, August 4, 2007

Slow cinema, slow life

It's just hot. The white sun makes it all looks the same. We live nowhere, we see nothing.

I am very slow in the summer. I walk out of the house to buy my goat-milk, I go up my street, slowly, every step is another lifetime under the white sun. I turn my head at times, a kid goes with his father, laughs. His voice stays in my head for another eternity. Everything looks the same, everything's yellow-gray. There's no air. I think I will make my film in the autumn.
I read this interesting discussion (http://unspokencinema.blogspot.com/2007/07/slow-film-festival.html) about slow cinema. I remembered a short film by Polanski, I forgot the name, maybe it was Murder? Anyway, i think that's what i'd call slow cinema.
Saw Nashville yesterday. I didn't like it so much, but I'm not sure why. It has of course interesting moments, but they are quite trivial now. Maybe it was different when the movie came out. The music, suprisingly, wasn't all that bad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails