Sunday, August 19, 2007

Choosing a cameraman

Today she called me. My camerawoman. She said she starts teaching next semester, and because my shooting days are too close to the first day in university it will not be ideal. She's right. She gave me names of other good cameraman with some film experience.

Last year I took part in a cinematography workshop with Vadim Yusov (the cinematographer of Tarkovsky). It was brilliant and I did get to meet some talanteded cameramen there. So I hope this will work good, and fast. Time is running..The camerawoman also told me on the phone she thought the shooting style will be like the one in the shorts of Ozon. I had more asian films in mind (especially in the scenes where my actress ride a motorbike and the scenes that are in the stairway), but I also like Ozon's camera, at least in his shorts. Especially I love "A Summer Dress" (in the picture above), but that is not really because of the camera work, more the story and the location. And the song...bang bang...

Still study to the Israeli cinema exam. I already read about the zionistic cinema etc, now it's the Israeli new Wave. Interesting. But more about it later, still got loads to read..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails