Saturday, August 25, 2007

A film student's program for new German cinema

Can't believe it's Sunday allready. I started during the weekend to work on my paper for the German Cinema class. I'll write about violence and music in Fatih Akin's work. I'm very interested in both areas and they seem to connect: usually they are "out of narrative" elements. I will try to make a connection between the developments in post unification Germany and the cinema of Akin, and I will use the violence and music in his films to make my point. But my point is unknown yet, and I still haven't watched all the films. Still need to find "Kurz und Schmerzloss", I hope my tutor can get it for me. Too bad, I was two months ago in Germany. Well, I guess we cannot plan our lives in reverse!

So yesterday I watched 3 films: "Gegen die Wand" (aka "Head On"), "Im Juli" (aka "In July"), both of Akin, and a third one, "Berlin is in Germany". All films are highly recommended and very interesting in regard to pust unification Germany.

>>Sorry, cannot write more, must leave....t o b e c o n t i n u e d...>>

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails