Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Reign Over Me & Krrish (A filmmaker relaxes befor and after an exam)

"The cinematheque best program", that's what i'd call the last week and (hopefully) the next. Last night I went to see "Krrish", the new Bollywood film which deliver us the first bollywood superhero, aka Krrish. I'm not a Bollywood fan, or better to say - I don't watch Bollywood films. I think I was superstitious about them. But now it's all ended. I'm hooked. I know they overact, and they do that for almost 3 hours, but that's part of the charm. The landscapes of Krrish are awsome, and I really don't care they use cheap-looking special effects to get it - as a city gal I felt I had my India tour. I was refreshed after leaving the theatre (and to say that after three hours in a closed room is indeed a chalange). I understand "Krrish" is about to become (if not already) a blockbuster, and I am very happy to be part of the people and simply agree.



Tonight I went again to the cinematheque, this time for a one-time-screening of the new Adam Sandler movie, "Reign Over Me". I love Sandler with serious face. "Punch drunk Love" is one of my favourites. A friend told me it's going to be a sad 9/11 movie, and a man in the theatre said we are going to watch "an Adam Sandler 9/11 comedy".


Only it wasn't at all about 9/11, and the real hero here was not Sandler (and no, it wasn't NYC either).

Maybe I shouldn't talk about the film so soon after watching it. So again I'll go with the list method, which helps me simplify my feelings and thoughts:

1. It's a great movie.
2. During the film I thought I wouldn't mind watch it again (I actually thought of writing my paper work about it - what is a work of art).

3. Adam Sandler is wonderful, but his voice is sometimes really annoying.

4. The soundtrack is not so good. Sometimes the score is too obvious.

5. Don Cheadle, who plays Alan Johnson, is simply great. Without words and with delicate action he makes you understand his situation precisely. This is also the place to say that this is a great director film, and even though I haven't seen none of Mike Binder other films, I would definately wait for his next one (something about knitting group in New York).

6. Some things in the scripts dont "sit" right. The characters of the parents-in-law. Their behaviour changes without marks. I say, character can change, but changes always leave marks.

7. I am so happy to see an American studio film I like. I thought those days were gone.


Is it just me, or do you also feel like eating what the characters are eating after the movie? I just made chinese after watching "Reign Over Me", and I'm thinking of buying a scooter. like this one Sandler had:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SCOOTER HE HAS?

Anonymous said...

DO YOU KNOW WHAT SCOOTER HE USED? YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT
HEY_STRELOW@YAHOO.COM IF YOU LIKE HOPEFULLY THIS REACHES YOU BYE PS IT WAS ME WITH THE PREVIOUS COMMENT

Kash said...

Not really, but IMBD write this:
"The scooter itself is just powerful enough to make it technically illegal in New York City, which permits electric scooters but has banned engine-powered ones like Charlie's. He's a bit of an outlaw".

Try the dvd, maybe they mention it in the extras.

Related Posts with Thumbnails