Thursday, August 23, 2007

A drunk filmmaker quotes:

I won't write much now, cos I'm drunk and quite tired. At least I got the OK from my lecturer for my paper. I will prove him that "I'm hungry, I'm cold", the brilliant short film of Chantal Akerman, is a work of art. And a good one. Even though he told me on the phone he couldn't stand her films. That they are boring him. He should thank me for choosing a short one then!

I just remembered a couple of things I wanted to say: first, if yesterday I made myself chinese after watching "Reign over me", then watching "The Mother and the Whore" made me drink red wine for almost a week (well, it is a long film).
And second was this quote from "Reign over me": "I saw it and I felt it at the same time". That was about Sandler watching the TV reports from the 9/11 towers collapse. Isn't that the nature of movies themselves? This movie should be further analyzed. It has some interesting points, also some regarding the nature of comedy and laughter in our lives. I think.

But right now I got 2 papers to write - the second one is about Fatih Akin and the violence in his films. I'm fascinated by violence, and it seems that I know what I'm saying. At least my grades are excellent and I am quite pleased with the things I write.

Fuck I'm drunk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails