Saturday, August 18, 2007

Family matters and a filmmaker with no camera

Ooooo....that's been awsome. Nature, rivers, family, swimming pool. Like the Soprano's life just without the killings. Too bad this filmmaker has no camera... I really needed this vacation and now I'm back in the city, fully refreshed. I missed a screening of a friend in the cinematheque, and that was the last screening so i guess i'll have to watch his movie on dvd. It's about Stefan braun, a happy gay and furr shop owner, that lived in Tel aviv in the 50s.

Anyway, I didn't take any essays with me to the north, so I really MUST start study now. What a downhill...But that's alright. I already think about my second degree. I want to combine film studies with some technology and theory, and a friend who just came here for a visit told me the NYU has a new department she thinks I'd like. Also the MIT has something interesting, comparative media studies it's called, and I hope to pay a visit there this spring.

While in the north of Israel (the golan), I had this idea for a short i want to make. Inspired by the war-like look of many parts in the north (felt like silence before bombs really) I want now to make a film about two country leaders moments before signing on an agreement. Kind of a black comedy. I had kubrick in mind when I was mind-writing my script.

But next scripts must wait I guess. Still got 2 papers to give and 2 exams to sweat on. Brr. lets start N O W.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails